The Marshes Golf Course
The land on which The Marshes now stands presented course designers Robert Trent Jones, Jr. and Sr. with an equally unusual and remarkable site. Featuring an abundance of natural beauty in the form of wetlands, meadows, and hardwood forests, the aim was to preserve the area’s innate charms, while also adding the qualities that would make it a visually and strategically outstanding golf course.
The Marshes has been carefully routed around the land’s natural features, offering players of all calibers a chance to marvel at both the natural and technical ingenuity of its design. Not only has the course qualified as an Audubon Cooperative Wildlife Sanctuary Course, but it’s a championship style golf course that has hosted five PGA of Canada Senior Championships in addition to many local and provincial amateur championships.
The first six holes at The Marshes wind through hardwood forest and meadow. Creating this rolling terrain among the rocky, tree-studded landscape required considerable sculpting. The design philosophy called for many bent grass chipping areas around generously contoured greens. The ninth and eighteenth greens share a putting surface that occupies 30,000 sq. ft, an apt metaphor for the entire golf course design, which is big by any standard, including standards of innovation.
With as many as five tee decks per hole, The Marshes will challenge, reward and accommodate golfers of every caliber. The course design recognized that the landscape presented a number of nooks and crannies ideally suited for par 3's. As a result, The Marshes features a somewhat unusual balance of six par-three, six par-four and six par-five holes.
Or call 613-271-3530
UPDATED POLICIES & PROCEDURES
UPDATED POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Before You Arrive:
- All tee-times must be booked and paid for prior to arrival.
- Club rentals will not be available
- You can download a scorecard to print at home and bring with your own writing tool
- We have increased tee time intervals to maximize the distance between golfers
When You Arrive:
- You may only check-in 30 minutes before your tee time, we ask that you stay in your vehicle until then
- Only 1 person from the group is to check in at the Pro Shop before going to the Starter
- Both carts and push-carts will be located at the Bag Drop; all carts will be sanitized between uses
- One cart per person
- A specific cart drop-off and pick-up area will be indicated; all carts will be sanitized between uses
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located at Bag Drop, the entrance to the Pro Shop and at the Starter Hut
- Sandwiches, snacks and beverages will be available for purchase
On the Course:
- Washrooms will only be available inside the Clubhouse
- Do not remove flagsticks from the holes
- Cups have been modified to maximize exposure for removal
- There will be no ball washers, bunker rakes, benches
- We ask that you carry your garbage with you to dispose of at the completion of your game; there will be no garbage cans on the course
- There is to be no close interaction amongst golfers including, but not limited to, hand shaking, sharing equipment etc.
- The driving range and practice putting green are accessible 30 minutes prior to your tee time
- Upon check-in, you will be provided with a warm up bucket (approx 25 balls)
- Buckets and balls will be sanitized between uses
- ProShop will be open at a capacity of 2 people at a time
- Washrooms in the clubhouse will be available for use
- Changerooms and lockers will not be available
- Multiple hand sanitizing stations will be available
Promotions & Events
BECOME A MARSHES EMAIL MEMBER
Sign up for our eNewsletters today to be the first to know about latest specials, promotions, contests and updates.